BE STRONG ONLINE AMBASSADOR programme
regional TRAINING EVENTS
The Diana Award is running FREE training days across the UK to train young people to be Be Strong Online Ambassadors.
The Be Strong Online Ambassador programme, created in partnership with Vodafone, is a peer-led scheme for schools and youth groups to help young people explore the digital world safely. Covering topics from cyberbullying and digital footprint to peer pressure online and selfies & self-esteem, Be Strong Online empowers students to share their experiences of the digital world, signpost sources of support, encourage positive online behaviour, and develop skills in areas such as public speaking and leadership.
The Be Strong Online Ambassador Programme regional training days are fun, interactive and informative, and will explore:
After receiving our training student become Be Strong Online Ambassadors and are responsible for running short educational sessions for students on online safety, facilitating discussions about students' digital lives and online behaviour, and running campaigns across their school to raise awareness of digital issues.
Our approach is peer-led. We recognise that young people are the best agents for change in their schools and communities and are best placed to help their peers learn about the online world.
BE STRONG ONLINE AMBASSAOR PROGRAMME TRAINING DAYS
The Be Strong Online Ambassador Programme Regional Training Days are all day events which provides a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with passionate staff, professionals and young people from schools, academies and organisations in your local area.
Through games, group work and presentations, participants will work together to explore:
- the opportunities and risks presented to young people by the internet,
- how young people's offline lives can be affected by what happens online, and
- how Be Strong Online Ambassadors can be leaders in their school to help start conversations with students about the online issues that matter to them.
Students will have the opportunity to practice facilitating a discussion and activity amongst other students to develop their confidence in running a Be Strong Online session. By the end of the day, both staff and young people will feel empowered and confident to take back their great ideas from the day and put them into practice.
After the training day participants will receive dedicated support and resources throughout the year.
You can register your interest in booking places at one of the upcoming Be Strong Online Ambassador Training Days below.
- 25th October 2017 - Belfast
- 26th October 2017 - Belfast
- 8th November 2017 - Leeds
- 22nd November 20187 - Exeter
- 30th November 2017 - Stoke
- 1st December 2017 - Winchester
- 10th January 2018 - Newark
- 11th January 2018 - Peterborough
- 24th January 2018 - Manchester
- 31st January 2018 - London
- 6th February 2018 - Bristol
- 7th February 2018 - Swansea
- 20th February 2018 - Southampton
If you are interested in registering as a host
BOOKING FORM FOR BE STRONG ONLINE TRAINING