We are looking for school professionals with interest and/or experience in how to tackle bullying in a school environment and anti-bullying methods and programmes to become trained and accredited UK ENABLE Ambassadors. Interested? Read the details below and please get in touch with us by June 22nd if you're interested!
What is ENABLE?
ENABLE (European Network Against Bullying in Learning and Leisure Environments) is a new free anti-bullying programme which is being rolled out across 5 European countries. It will provide anti-bullying and social and emotional training to School Staff, Parents and young people aged 11 to 14. The programme is being developed by a consortium of 6 core partners based in the countries the programme will be rolled out in (UK, Denmark, Croatia, Greece, Belgium). The Diana Award and South West Grid for Learning are the partners for the UK.
ENABLE aims to develop social and emotional learning skills as a means of building resilience in young people so that they can better understand and become more responsible for their on and offline social interactions. The project will do this through a set of SEL lesson plans and training for staff and young people on how to set up an effective Peer Support scheme. ENABLE believes that young people are the best agents for changing their peers' behaviour. The aim of the Peer Supporters will be to help develop their peers' emotional intelligence, prevent and tackle bullying in their school and ultimately work to create a whole school culture of respect and tolerance.
What is an ENABLE Ambassador?
A selected number of ENABLE Ambassadors are being recruited in each of the countries training is being delivered in. The role of the ENABLE Ambassador is to help cascade the training within their local network of schools*. The ENABLE Ambassador will:
- Become an accredited ENABLE Trainer
- Receive free training from the Diana Award on how to set up an effective Peer Support scheme in schools to effectively prevalent and tackle bullying.
- Be the first of a handful of educators in the UK to have free and full access to the new pioneering ENABLE Anti-Bullying Resources.
- Be one of only 12 trained and accredited European ENABLE Ambassadors to use the materials for our 10 SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) lessons and our full Peer Support programme, which includes resources for staff, parents and young people.
- Get the chance to meet and work with other English speaking teachers from 5 different countries in the EU.
- Effect change in your school and neighbouring schools, and see how our whole-school approach to tackling bullying really works. You will be able to witness how young people’s emotional intelligence develops and improves, how the role of bystanders changes and how all of that makes a difference to the whole school climate and ultimately reduces bullying.
What will be the main role of an ENABLE Ambassador?
- Attend a free two day Train the Trainer course to gain the skills and information needed to deliver the set of 10 SEL lesson plans and establish a Peer Support scheme in your school and train other schools up to do the same.
- Be able to train 2 schools they work closely with to use these resources in Jan 2016 to help further cascade this information and training.
- Provide support to schools they have trained between Jan and May 2016
- The schools involved in the project will need to be committed to undergoing the training and implementing the new SEL resources and Peer-to-Peer Support Mentoring programme between January and May 2016. They will also need to train & support at least one neighbouring school to use these ENABLE resources during that time.
Who can apply to be an ENABLE Ambassador?
- You must be based in the UK
- A school professional with interest and/or experience in how to tackle bullying in a school environment and anti-bullying methods and programmes.
- Experience or interest in SEL (Social & Emotional Learning).
- Experience or interest in Peer Support programme.
- Able to influence leadership and colleagues at school to gain support for the project.
- Have access or work closely with a group of schools who can pilot or be trained as ENABLE schools.
- Be available to be trained to use our new SEL resources and Peer Mentoring Resources in November/ Dec 2015.
Please email Eleanor.email@example.com and tell us why you are interested in being an ENABLE Ambassador and a bit about your background or experience by June 22nd.
*Please note this is a voluntary role.