1. What was your school like?
My school was in Blackburn where I grew up. Boys and girls.
2. What is your favourite memory of school?
My favourite memory from school was scoring the winning goal for our school football team. I think this was in year 7 or 8.
3. How did your school experience influence/help your career?
My school experience helped my career by giving me confidence in meeting new people, also it gave me opportunities with football and athletics which I really enjoyed and at that time. I thought that was going to be my future career.
4. Were you bullied at school? If so how did you overcome this?
No, I wasn't bullied but I experienced people I knew being bullied. I always tried to avoid confrontation and kept myself to myself.
5. What was your favourite school subject?
My favourite subject was PE and drama.
6. What did you look forward to when you went back to school after the holidays? What advice would you give to young people who are going back to school after the holidays?
After the school holidays, I looked forward to telling friends what I got up to during the holidays. I would say don't worry about it, stay strong, ignore the bullies and try to prove them wrong.
7. Was there anything you worried about when you went back to school after the holidays? How did you overcome this?
I worried about exams and work, because I wasn't academically clever. To over come this I got my head down, worked hard and revised. I just did the best I could.
8. What was your favourite school meal?
My favourite school meal was jacket potato with cheese and beans!
9. If you had to go back to school again what would you change?
If I could go back to school I think I would revise a lot more for maths!
10. What advice would you give to anyone who is worried about going back to school because of bullying issues?
I would say don't let people bring you down, they are only doing this to try and make themselves feel better. Don't let them affect you because in the long term you will come out on top.