coding and creativity resource
The Diana Award Anti-Bullying Campaign has teamed up with Vodafone to create Be Strong Online, a new programme to help students explore the digital world. Be Strong Online uses a peer-to-peer approach to empower students and enable them to share knowledge about the digital world with younger students.
In this module, we explore Coding & Creativity. A core part of the new Computing curriculum, coding is a skill which helps students to think both logically and creatively and to solve problems. Understanding code gives an insight into a world of possibilities.
By running the Coding & Creativity module, Tech Trainers will be able to open up a discussion with their peers about coding and the possibilities it brings.
At the end of their 20-minute session with younger students, the Tech Trainers will have:Explored possible future uses for coding:
- Explored possible future uses for coding;
- Inspired students to get engaged with coding and sparked their interest to develop their skills;
- Helped students to see how coding plays a key role in many areas of everyday life.
Are you a teacher, staff member or student interested in passing this on to a teacher? Enter your email address below to download all the resources you need to run the programme in your school!
1. Click here to download the Coding & Creativity staff guide
2. Click here to download the Coding & Creativity lesson plan for Tech Trainers to follow
3. Click here to download the Coding & Creativity Info Sheet for students and parents
4. Click here to download the Coding & Creativity PowerPoint Presentation