1 . What was your school like?
A mixed grammar school in Edmonton, North London
2. What is your favourite memory from school?
School trips to Wales where we did activities like rock climbing and canoeing
3. How did your school experience influence/help your career?
I always knew I wanted to dance so my school life didn’t have that much influence on my career.
4. Were you bullied at school? If so how did you overcome this?
I was bullied slightly but never physically. I put energy into things I enjoyed like dancing but told someone which helped.
5. What was your favourite school subject?
6. What did you look forward to when you went back to school after the holidays? What advice would you give to young people who are going back to school after the holidays?
Seeing my friends again, having some new teachers if I didn’t like my last ones! (Buying new stationery!!). They should look forward to new experiences they might have this school year. Ultimately school is meant to be enjoyed so it's about making it the best for yourself.
7. Was there anything you worried about when you went back to school after the holidays? How did you overcome this?
There's nothing I particularly worried about but I understand that if people struggle to make friends it can be daunting going back to school. If you're happy within yourself and the person you are then you will make the right friends. It doesn't matter if you don't have loads of friends, quality over quantity everytime!
8. What was your favourite school meal?
Pizza and Chips
9. If you had to do school again what would you change?
I’d be more outgoing as I was quite quiet and didn’t get my opinion heard amongst friends.
10. What advice would you give to anyone who is worried about going back to school because of bullying issues?
Tell someone. You spend so much time at school it should be enjoyed as much as possible.