Singer/Songwriter (Finalist Britain's Got Talent 2014)
1. What was your school like?
Oakgrove Integrated in Derry/Londonderry, inclusively mixed in sex, ability and religious domination.
2. What is your favourite memory from school?
Performing in front of the whole school.
3. How did your school experience influence/help your career?
I only got an A in music, so that was what I was best at and so I stuck with it.
4. Were you bullied at school? If so how did you overcome this?
Yes, a bit inside it and a bit more outside it. Music was what helped me overcome it, I even became cool!
5. What was your favourite school subject?
6, What did you look forward to when you went back to school after the holidays? What advice would you give to young people who are going back to school after the holidays?
Chicken curry, seeing my friends, catching up.
7. Was there anything you worried about when you went back to school after the holidays? How did you overcome this?
I dreaded getting back on the treadmill of work after the holiday break; but I quickly adapted once the term actually started.
8. What was your favourite school meal?
Chicken curry and rice.
9. If you had to go back to school again what would you change?
Nothing really, looking back.
10. What advice would you give to anyone who is worried about going back to school because of bullying issues?
Talk to an ambassador or teacher. Don't eat your problems or suffer alone.
To read more Back2School blogs click here.