Classical Singer (Britain's Got Talent Runner-Up 2014)
1 . What was your school like?
I went to a school that was a comprehensive for boys and girls.
2. What is your favourite memory from school?
My favourite memory was performance studies, it was somewhere I felt safe and comfortable.
3. How did your school experience influence/help your career?
It made me determined to not give up on my dream!!!
4. Were you bullied at school? If so how did you overcome this?
Yes!!! I overcame it with my close network of family around me, my driving force.
5. What was your favourite school subject?
6. What did you look forward to when you went back to school after the holidays? What advice would you give to young people who are going back to school after the holidays?
I looked forward to gaining more knowledge in the subject I loved. The advice I would give to young people going back to school after the holidays is : You are the future, the people who are going to change our world today. Keep going and never give up on your dream!
7. Was there anything you worried about when you went back to school after the holidays? How did you overcome this?
I worried about the Bullies and people who did not appreciate what I did. I overcame it by not giving up, I kept going, kept singing and thought one day I will be on people’s TV screens.
8. What was your favourite school meal?
9. If you had to do school again what would you change?
Nothing, absolutely nothing. I would not be in the place I am today if I had not gone through the bad experiences. You have to go through the bad times in order to experience the good!
10. What advice would you give to anyone who is worried about going back to school because of bullying issues?
Be Strong! Always make sure that your family know and that you talk to people. Go back to school with this in your mind: “These people have worse things going on in their lives”. You MUST talk about it to make sure people are aware of the situation!
To read more Back2School blogs click here.