EARN YOUR BADGES
We know that our Anti-Bullying Ambassadors are running incredible campaigns in their schools to tackle bullying and to support those who are being bullied and we want to reward them for their hard work. We are giving trained Anti-Bullying Ambassadors the opportunity to earn extra badges to proudly wear around school. Take a look below to see what the four badges are, what campaigns fit into each category and what you have to do to earn them.
Any campaigns or initiatives that are tackling identity based bullying, championing diversity & inclusion or promoting equal rights for any of the nine protected characteristics.
Any campaigns or events that build community such as fundraising events, raising awareness for a specific community group, working with local government or the Police.
Any campaigns or initiatives that encourage positive wellbeing such as peer mentoring, mental health awareness, support groups, online support tools, safe spaces in school.
Any campaigns or workshops that promote how to stay safe online such as educating others in online safety, digital resilience workshops, assemblies or social media campaigns.
HOW TO EARN THE BADGES
1. Attend our training and become Anti-Bullying Ambassadors.
2. Your Anti-Bullying Ambassador team will then run A CAMPAIGN in your school, focusing on one of the four areas: Respect, Community, Wellbeing or Online Safety.
3. This campaign should have an element which is ongoing for a period of at least three months and should also include a one-off event.
4. Collect evidence to show that you have completed or initiated at least 5 actions towards the badge. For example; an event, a training programme, a support group, a staff project, a competition, a survey etc. (Your 5 actions could be inclusive of but not limited to the examples provided). Please collect photos, videos, web links, interviews, emails, written pieces, which will act as evidence of your work. We will need to see evidence of sustainability and impact to be able to award you a badge.
5. You then need to let us know all about what you've done, so we can assess whether you are ready to submit your evidence. Please get in contact with us by email to book a catch-up call. Aftercare Team; email@example.com
6. Following our phone call, providing we all feel that you are ready, we will ask you to submit your evidence by filling out a form and providing photos, videos, weblinks, details and impact of the actions etc.
7. The Aftercare Team will then either award badges to your school’s Anti-Bullying Ambassador team or offer further support to enable you to achieve your chosen badge.
IMPORTANT TERMS TO CONSIDER_
We recommend that you work towards 1 badge at a time, as it is a campaign that you will run, not sporadic actions
You may have done significant pieces of work in the past that will contribute towards your additional badges. We ask that only work that has been completed by current Anti-Bullying Ambassador team is submitted and the work must have been initiated or maintained within the last year/ currently. As the badges are designed to act as a great incentive to maintain the motivation and participation of Anti-Bullying Ambassadors, we’d recommend that past actions can count for only 3 out of the 5 required actions. The final 2 actions will need to be planned and carried out, with the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors knowing what they are aiming towards.
We will only be able to provide the actual badges for Anti-Bullying Ambassadors who have attended our official training.
Base-level Anti-Bullying Ambassador actions (such as an introductory assembly or a team meeting) will not be counted as an action towards the badges. This is because the badge actions should be specifically focused on the topic of the badge. For example; We would be looking to see an assembly about Anti-HBT-phobia or Gender Related topics (Respect Badge) or a team meeting with an external professional to discuss Mental Health (Wellbeing Badge).
Please do get in contact if you have any questions about this or need help planning your 5 actions. We’ll be happy to help.